Saturday, July 30, 2016

Things I Wish I Did on My DCP

I had an amazing Disney College Program. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about the wonderful, magical time I had living and working in Disney for five months. I wish I could do it all over again. In fact, if I could do it over again, there are some things I would have done a little differently. Maybe reading this will help you out with your college program! :) 

1. Picked up more EHH shifts. 
I had dreams of working at every park at least once. I almost did that. My main location was Magic Kingdom Main Street Entrance, did two other shifts at MK, I worked at Epcot twice, and I worked in Animal Kingdom once. But I never quite made it to Hollywood Studios! My other goal was to work in each land in MK. To be quite honest, working EHH shifts made me so nervous. I was so afraid of not being sure where to go, not sure what the buses getting there would be like, how I'd get along with the other co-workers, not knowing the area well enough to help guests, etc. I wish I had just gone along and picked up more EHH, because the cast members at other locations were always super helpful and friendly! It would have been cool experiencing working at different locations. I loved the familiarity of working at Magic Kingdom, but I should have taken more chances and tried working more at other parks! 

2. Go on every ride in the parks.
I went on almost every ride...but I kept repeating the ones I loved over and over again. Which at the end of the day isn't a bad thing. You can never get enough Haunted Mansion or Expedition Everest. Sometimes I didn't have the patience to wait in a long line (such as Astro Orbiter, which I was always surprised to see have such long wait times), so I skipped out and said I'd go next time. Sadly, my program ended before I could ride it.

3. Spent more time with co-workers outside of work.
I was so nervous about asking my co-workers to hangout outside of work that it wasn't really until the second half of my program that I started to form friendships outside of work. No clue as to why I was nervous. Everyone was so nice! So sadly, we didn't get to spend as much time together outside of work as I would have liked.

4. Explored more of Florida.
This was pretty much impossible for me because I didn't bring a car with me. I was lucky enough to get to go to Universal about 5 or 6 times, and I went to Clearwater for the day. Still, I would've liked to explore the surrounding towns and possibly gone to the Atlantic side of Florida's beaches. 

5. Introduced myself to my neighbors.
I think it would have been so cool to have friends right next door or across the way. Again, I was too shy and thought my neighbors wouldn't want to make new friends. I feel so silly for thinking that way! If I could do another program over again, I would bake a batch of cookies for my neighbors, knock on their door, and introduce myself! 

6. Saved money.
I do not regret spending money on any of the merchandise I bought, that's for sure. However, I wish I didn't spend money on eating out so much, mainly in the parks. Quick service food in the park can really add up. I don't regret full-service dining, but how many times did I really need a burger from Cosmic Ray's? I should have cooked more in the apartment to save money and eat healthier, and should have done a better job budgeting my money.

7. Extended my shifts. 
Sometimes, my shifts only lasted six hours. I only started extending them the last few weeks of my program. This isn't really a huge regret, because I was probably so exhausted to extend anyway. 

8. Vlogged more. And blogged more..
I didn't have as much time to sit at my computer and blog, but a vlog doesn't take too long to put together. I wish I had taken my camera with me to the parks to vlog more. I have many photos, but more videos would have been awesome to look back on. Especially with my friends. 

9. Took cuter pictures.
This is sort of silly, but I wish I had taken the time to look nicer when going to the parks so I had cuter park pictures! However, in that Florida humidity, my hair was doomed, and I wanted to dress for comfort. Still, there's something inside of me that says I should've tried harder! 

10. Accomplished more from my bucket list.
Rather than doing the same things over and over, I wish I did some of the random things on my bucket list, such as having a picnic at Fort Wilderness, or explore all of the resorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment