Sunday, November 1, 2015

October in Disney

Oh, autumn. One of my favorite times of the year. I love the crisp feeling in the air when the weather finally starts to cool down, watching the leaves change from green to orange, yellow, and red, going on hayrides with my friends, preparing for Halloween by decorating, getting costumes together and watching Halloween movies, and finally getting to wear leggings and boots. What's not to love about autumn?

This year was kind of different if you ask me. I still got to celebrate Halloween by watching movies, eating candy, and (kind of) dressing up. But the humidity and high temperatures didn't make it feel like it was October! In fact, in my mind, it still seems like summer, except stores are starting to sell seasonal items and Magic Kingdom is decorated for Halloween.

Here is how I got to celebrate the fall down here in Florida!



I didn't get to see the leaves change this year; the only ones I saw were fake ones (although still pretty!) decorating the streets of Magic Kingdom. They sure do a great job at making the park look festive.

I got to celebrate Oktoberfest at Biergarten, the German buffet restaurant at the Germany pavilion in Epcot, where it's Oktoberfest all year long! Delicious food and great entertainment.



I went to another Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with my friend Sabrina, who came to visit me! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a special event at Disney that happens at the Magic Kingdom during selected dates in September and October. You have to have a separate ticket to be able to come to this event, because there are special events happening during the party. You can meet special characters, watch Halloween themed shows, parades, and fireworks, and more! Guests are also encouraged to come dress up in costume to help them get into the spirit. I got to view the Boo to You Parade for the second time as a guest (I get to watch it at work whenever I work one of the parties!), go trick or treating, met some characters (including Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas, who only come out to visit during Halloween parties!) and enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the event :) 






I went to Halloween Horror Nights over at Universal Studios and got super scared! The event takes place on select nights during September and October. Universal sets up a variety of themed haunted houses (such as The Walking Dead, Insidious, Freddy vs. Jason, etc.) and guests are able to walk through the houses and experience a spooky thrill! There are also performers walking around the park that scare people when they least expect it, performances throughout the night, and fun decorations! 






I attended a special cast only event at Mickey's Retreat, which is a recreational facility only for cast members. It was a fall block party, where we were able to go trick or treating, meet characters, and there was a DJ, food trucks, and games and activities for families to enjoy! 





Some friends and I got into the spirit by making cookies, carving pumpkins, and watching Halloween movies! 





Lastly, I got to check something off my bucket list -- celebrate Halloween in Disney World! I had to work on the night of Halloween, which was fine because it was a Halloween party night and I got to watch the parade and fireworks. But before work, I spent some time playing at the park and getting into the Halloween spirit. Proudly wearing my Haunted Mansion shirt and Halloween Minnie ears, I rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, had a waffle from Sleepy Hollow and embraced spending the holiday at the Most Magical Place on Earth.











Although I missed out on a lot back home during this fall season, I have certainly experienced Halloween to its fullest potential at Disney. I don't regret being here during the holidays one bit because without the Disney College Program, I may have never been able to find the time to come to Disney World during October. Halloween at Disney is something really cool that I'm so happy I've gotten to experience. Thank you to all my co-workers who made working the parties so much fun and all the late nights completely worth it, and thank you to my friends here who have experienced all these fun things with me and helped me get into the Halloween spirit.

BOO TO YOU, and Happy Halloween my friends! Tonight is the last Halloween party of the season (which I have the chance to work, yay!), and tomorrow begins the Christmas season at Disney (because why not start celebrating Christmas? We like to do things early here at Disney if you couldn't tell). Super excited for what the next couple months entails!

Thank you to anyone who read this. I hope you all have a magical day!

-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment