Sunday, September 6, 2015

Check-In, Casting, and More!

Good morning everyone! 

Monday, August 31, 2015 marked the beginning of my Disney College Program! My check-in time was at 9:30 am. Check-in was super smooth despite the thick Florida air we endured while standing outside in line. We were given program guides as well as our housing information and where we will be working! I got all the roommates I wanted and I'm so incredibly happy about that. I also found out that I will be working at MAGIC KINGDOM! More specifically, Main Street USA! I am the happiest camper -- Magic Kingdom is exactly where I wanted to work, so thank you Disney for making my dreams come true! 

I was able to move into my apartment and settle in before I had to move on to Casting. My room comes with its own bathroom and a walk-in closet. I plan on taking pictures/videos when everything is all cleaned up and once we're completely moved in. It's slowly starting to feel like home! 

Casting went smooth as well; there, we filled out important paperwork such as I-9 forms and got our fingerprints and our first schedule for training. It was very exciting to be at Casting because they have really nice pictures all over the place of characters and of people that work for the company loving their job. 

The door handles to Casting, inspired by Alice in Wonderland




After Casting, I came back to the apartment and we relaxed and finished unpacking our rooms. By the time it hit evening, we realized how hungry we were and so Kelsey, Lo, Olivia and I headed over to Downtown Disney (or Disney Springs now) for dinner! We decided on the T-Rex Cafe, which is just like the Rainforest Cafe except it is dinosaur themed. I had a lot of fun there; the animatronic dinosaurs are very interactive. I enjoyed the Mastadon Stuffed Chicken and I was really proud of myself for not just ordering a cheeseburger haha. I was also able to check this off my Disney dining bucket list! 
Dinner at T-Rex calls for fun dino hats


After dinner, we explored Downtown Disney and then headed to Target for supplies and groceries.

That was my first official day on the Disney College Program! Check-in day is long and tiring so for any future CP's reading this -- make sure you get a good night's sleep before! However, the next couple days before Traditions, there isn't really that much to do. We had a housing meeting on Tuesday and then I was completely free until I had Traditions on Thursday morning (which I'll elaborate more on in a later post). The first few days give you a great opportunity to settle into your new apartment, get to know your roommates and anything else you please. 

That is all for now! I hope you all have a magical day and I'll see ya real soon! 

<3, Lindsey 


No comments:

Post a Comment