Sunday, August 23, 2015

Nerves

Hey guys!

It is unbelievable how quickly this past summer has gone. In just eight days, I will be checking in at Vista Way (the center of Disney housing) and beginning my Disney College Program. It's amazing to think that it's already been over six (very long) months since I first got accepted, and now check-in is right around the corner.



This program has been something I have always wanted to do. As a little girl growing up and visiting Walt Disney World, I always dreamed of working for Disney. All the cast members look like they're having such a fun time, and I always wondered what it would be like on the other end -- making magic for guests rather than receiving it. And what is better than getting to go to the Most Magical Place on Earth whenever I want? While I am so enthusiastic about beginning my new adventure and ready to dive into the magic, there is a lot of things lingering on my mind.

The past couple weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for me, dealing with things as well as the reality of my departure date quickly approaching and smacking me in the face. My life is about to change completely. For starters, I am moving to a completely different part of the country. I have lived out of New Jersey before (in Pennsylvania for part of my college career) but never anywhere out of the northeast. Florida has a completely different culture than I'm used to, and I will also have to adjust to living in a new climate (yay for Florida humidity and random downpours!). One of the hardest parts will be not being able to come home during my program. The longest I've been away from home has been a month, and even just a month is difficult for me. I am being completely honest here when I say I'm really scared of dealing with homesickness while I'm on this program for four months.

Another difficult thing I'm prepared for is having to be away from my family for the holidays. I have never missed a Thanksgiving or Christmas with my family, and although I knew what I was getting into when I applied for the fall program, it is still something difficult I'll have to deal with. I am so lucky to get to spend the holiday season at Disney, but I also expect for it to be a difficult time for me as well. I'm really glad that my best friend Erin will also be on the program at the same time as me, so we will be able to get through it together.

Lastly, being apart from my family and friends and my dog this whole time is going to be a killer. I won't get to see my brother and my dog until January. That is so hard for me to grasp. Lately, within this past month especially, I've come to realize how lucky I am to have all of these special people in my life that care for me, are there for me and would do anything for me. If you are one of those special people, I love you and I'll miss you so much.

While I'm nervous to start this new journey because of these reasons above, I won't let it stop me from having the best time of my life. I've been wanting to do this since I was little and I'm so lucky to have been chosen to be a part of this amazing internship. It's going to help me pave the path for a successful career, and I will make memories from it that will last a lifetime.

Thanks for reading this. I hope you all have a magical day and I'll see ya real soon!

<3
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment